I know many of you have heard bits and pieces and some rumours so I thought I had better let you all know what is happening in our shop.
Yes, the doors of our shop on Flores Road are officially closing this week, although we will still have a couple of days open for our clearance items. These are:
Tuesday 1st April: 9.30 – 1.00pm
Wednesday 2nd April: Closed
Thursday 3rd April: 9.30 – 1pm
Friday 4th April: Closed
Saturday 5th April: 9-12pm (to be confirmed as it is also election day!)
But contrary to some rumours – we are not closing our business but rather moving forwards in a big way!
As you know times change, peoples needs and wants change and we like to accommodate as many people as we can!
So what are we doing now?
1. We will be primarily stocking new releases + the basics (adhesives, mediums, selected embellishments)
2. Our online store and blog are currently receiving a major overhaul (this has involved a lot of hard work behind the scenes!!) and this will be live in about 3 weeks.
3. We travel and teach in various locations. (Dongara, Morowa and a few places around town)
4. There will still be workshops available to everyone for cardmaking, scrapbooking, project life and mixed media / art journal.
5. Our prices will be lower and more competitive with the rest of the internet world as we won’t have the same overheads as we do now – but you will still have the opportunity to look and touch before purchase as you do now.
6. We will continue bringing in big name tutors! On the 26th July we will be hosting Jamie Dougherty from the USA and due to very popular demand Janine Koczwara is coming back to teach again too.
7. We have a HUGE multi craft weekend planned later in the year – so stay tuned!
8. Freeing myself from working daily will also give me a chance to help in our community a bit more. I have been asked to be involved in a couple of craft projects to help raise much needed funds. (I can’t give more details at the moment)
Why the changes now? Honestly, I need more family time. I have been having a hard time juggling family commitments, appointments, teaching in various places, running a household and spending the much needed time my kids need with them. Something had to give – so for me my family comes first :), and the shop was actually growing out of itself too.
So we are definitely not closing, Amber and I love what we do too much!
Wishing you all a great weekend!!
Marijke and Amber
P.S.: we have ALL the new prima collections in our hands! LOVE them!! They are not available in store – but will be online in a couple of days. 🙂